Facing criminal charges can come with harsh life-changing consequences.
Seek out an attorney as soon as you can.
If you have had a run-in with law enforcement and believe that you might be facing charges in the future then start talking to an attorney right now.
Do not wait until you are actually charged or arrested to get an attorney if you can avoid it.
There are strategies that attorneys can employ to help resolve your legal issue before any charges ever occur.
The longer you wait the fewer options your attorney will have to help you with your troubles.
Even if you are not sure most attorneys will give you a consultation to help advise you of your rights and help you prepare for what’s next.
Here are a few more reasons why:
- Protection of your rights: A criminal defense lawyer can help protect your constitutional rights. This includes your right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. They can also ensure that you are not subject to any unlawful searches or seizures
- Knowledge of the legal system: A criminal defense lawyer who practices state and federal law has a deep understanding of the Texas and Federal legal systems and can help guide you through the complex process of criminal proceedings. They can also help you understand the charges against you and the potential consequences.
- Building a strong defense: A criminal defense lawyer can help build a strong defense strategy based on the facts of your case. They can investigate the case, gather evidence, interview witnesses, and will challenge the prosecution’s evidence.
- Negotiation with prosecutors: In some cases, a criminal defense lawyer can negotiate with prosecutors to reduce charges or obtain a plea deal which can potentially result in a more favorable outcome for you.
- Representation in court: If your case goes to trial, a criminal defense lawyer can represent you in court and present your case to a judge and jury. They can challenge the prosecution’s case and defend your rights throughout the trial.
Overall, a criminal defense lawyer can provide invaluable assistance with your case if you have been arrested on a criminal charge. It is important to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and your case is handled properly.
Blizzard and Zimmerman Attorneys managing partner Jacob Blizzard is Texas Board of Legal Specialization dual board certified in both criminal law and criminal appeal law and has a record of success representation in federal courts.