As a criminal defense lawyer, we will give your case personal attention and understand that the nuances of a case must be thoroughly examined to arrive at the most effective strategy for your unique situation.
We are the Abilene area’s largest criminal defense firm, our team has experience in both Texas state and US federal criminal cases.
If you’re arrested we will:
- Immediately request that your case be turned over to our Abilene criminal lawyers.
- Do extensive research for your benefit to obtain an advantageous result.
- Research case law, statutes, crime codes, and procedural law.
- Interview witnesses, victims, police officers, and investigators.
- Dissect and gather evidence.
- Build a defense and develop a case strategy
We believe in pro-active representation for all of our clients, if they have been charged with a criminal offense or if they are currently under criminal investigation by Texas state or federal authorities.
If you are under state or federal criminal investigation please contact a lawyer before you speak with law enforcement personnel.
If you are facing murder charges, lawyer Jacob Blizzard is among the small number of Texas Capital Murder Appellate List Qualified Attorneys in the 7th Judicial Region of Texas.
Clients who face criminal charges are confident in the abilities of lawyers Jacob Blizzard, Matt Zimmerman, Sarah Durham, Morgan Walker, and Marshall Magincalda to vigorously defend them with personal attention.
- Since board-certified lawyer Jacob Blizzard has worked in both prosecution and defense, he has a unique insight into the prosecution’s goals and strategies and puts this knowledge to work for the benefit of his clients. Jacob is one of 87 lawyers (out of 100,000) in Texas who is Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certified in both criminal law and criminal appellate law.
- Lawyer Matt Zimmerman is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer in Criminal Defense and brings years of experience in the courtroom. He brings this experience to assist his family law and business clients as well.
- Lawyer Sarah Durham works tirelessly with her federal and state clients to pursue the best outcomes when life’s legal issues require both expertise and compassion.
- Lawyer Morgan Walker’s goal is to be the person that her clients can count on to advocate for their rights.
- Having faced a military criminal prosecution himself, lawyer Marshall Magincala knows that facing criminal charges can have long-lasting effects on your rights, and your reputation, and can even affect your freedom.
To discuss a state or federal felony criminal investigation, arrest, charge, or conviction with a criminal defense lawyer that serves Midland, TX; Abilene, TX; Odessa, TX; Lubbock, TX; San Angelo, TX, and nearby areas contact Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys. When you need a federal criminal defense lawyer you can turn to Blizzard and Zimmerman Attorneys.
Learn how our team of lawyers investigators, and staff at Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys can protect your rights and fight for your freedom during a one-on-one consultation with our lawyers, not just meet with a staff member or law clerk.
If you or a loved one has been accused or charged with a felony crime, it’s critical that you hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
If you have any questions, don’t go it alone. Blizzard and Zimmerman Attorneys will sit down with you one-on-one with a lawyer to review your case and your options for the best possible outcome for your situation.
Blizzard & Zimmerman lawyers handle Texas state and Federal criminal cases.
- Ecstasy | Molly | MDMA
- GBH Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- Some hallucinogenic substance
Drug Possession for Sale
Processing Illegal drugs
Possession with Intent to Deliver Controlled Substance
Manufacture and Delivery of Controlled Substance
Felon in Possession of a Firearm (also similar offenses)
- Sexual Assault
- Indecency With a Child
- Sexual Abuse
- Felony Assault
- Misdemeanor Assault
- Aggravated Assault
- Domestic Assault
- Child injury and neglect
- Indecency with a Child
- Child Pornography
- CPS Parent Defense
Theft (all levels)
All Criminal Misdemeanors
****Criminal Defense Lawyer Jacob Blizzard is Texas Capital Murder Appellate List Qualified, 7th Judicial Region. Jacob also argues cases in US Federal court and US Appellate Court. He is also qualified to argue before the United States Supreme Court.
- Computer Crime
- Money Laundering
- Identity Theft
- Healthcare Fraud
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Corporate Fraud
- Investment Scams
- Money Laundering
- Tax Evasion
Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- Habitual DWI
- DUI Defense
- Driving while license invalid – DWLI
- Detox and jail release
Release from Sex Offender Registration Requirements
Occupational Driver’s License
Motion To Revoke Probation
Grand Jury Subpoena
Grand Jury Indictment
FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
A federal criminal defense charge can cause severe damage to your career and reputation.
These charges should not be taken lightly. If you have been charged with a federal crime, seek legal counsel from Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys. We can defend you in any federal court in the United States.
Our criminal defense team has the experience required to give you the best representation possible. Federal cases include murder, vehicular homicides, armed robbery, drug distribution, rape, child molestation, child pornography, rape, embezzlement, fraud, and more. If you need a federal criminal defense team to work for you, contact our federal defense lawyers today.
In Texas, crimes are divided into felonies and misdemeanors.
Both can carry serious consequences and require personal attention and dedication to secure your freedom and protect your fundamental right of liberty.
Federal criminal cases require unique attention to detail and knowledge of the federal criminal system, which moves very quickly compared to state systems.
Find out how criminal defense lawyers Jacob Blizzard, Matt Zimmerman, Sarah Durham, Morgan Walker, and Marshall Magincalda can work to help you put on a strong defense.
We will defend you from a conviction entirely or present the judge or jury with your side of the story so that you will have a good chance to serve as lenient a sentence as possible. If things don’t go your way, we can assist you with the post-conviction writ process.
SERVING ABILENE – SAN ANGELO – MIDLAND – LUBBOCK – TEXAS
Clients who face criminal charges are confident in Jacob Blizzard’s, Matt Zimmerman’s, Sarah Durham’s, Morgan Walker’s, and Marshall Magincalda’s abilities to vigorously defend them with personal attention.