Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys are criminal appeal lawyers. We continually research and prepare appellate briefs for clients from across Texas who have been convicted of a criminal offense. They face an uphill battle attempting to overturn a conviction in state or federal court.
Habeas corpus and the 11.07 writ of habeas corpus is used as a post conviction remedy for persons who have been convicted and imprisoned for state or federal crimes to challenge the legality of the laws that were used in the legal proceedings that resulted in their imprisonment.
It is normally used after a direct appeal has failed.
Due to the large number of 11.07 writ of habeas corpus petitions that state and federal judges receive there are firm procedures that govern which are denied and which are allowed to move forward.
It takes knowledge and experience like that of Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys to prepare briefs that convince a state or federal appellate court to overturn these convictions.
Clients who face this uphill battle can have confidence in the skills and abilities of Jacob Blizzard, Matt Zimmerman, Sarah Durham, and Morgan Walker when it comes to post conviction writs of habeas corpus.
We’re proud to serve the state of Texas in representing clients in state and United States District Courts.
Blizzard and Zimmerman Attorneys handle Texas state and United States federal criminal appeals and post conviction writs of habeas corpus.
Our law firm legal services in this area include:
State of Texas Appellate Courts
- Direct appeal to the Court of Appeals of Texas
- Petition for Discretionary Review to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- 11.07 Writ of Habeas Corpus Petition to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Actual Innocence Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Motion for Post Conviction DNA Testing
- New Evidence Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Direct Appeals to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Federal Courts
- 2254 Federal Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- 2255 Federal Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Petitions for Writ of Certiorari to the Supreme Court of the United States
Our Criminal Appeal Attorneys
Winning Freedom From Prison Download
Post Conviction Writ Attorneys Jacob Blizzard and Sarah Durham have written a free guide to the post conviction 11.07 writ of habeas corpus process.
“Winning Freedom from Prison: 5 Critical Things to Know to Pursue Overturning a Conviction” is a free guide that provides you with insight into the writ of habeas corpus process here in Texas.
In this guide, Jacob Blizzard, a Board Certified Criminal Appellate Attorney, discusses:
- The best grounds to overturn a conviction.
- The legal timelines.
- Your options when pursuing relief.
- Click here to get this FREE Guide.
You may also contact us for further information about 11.07 writ of habeas corpus post conviction writs.