Divorce can be extremely tumultuous to all involved, especially when handled without legal advice.
Our divorce case team here at Blizzard and Zimmerman Attorneys, led by attorney Matt Zimmerman, is highly experienced in the field of family law, and we can help you reach the most favorable options possible in terms of asset division, child custody, and alimony.
Our comprehensive consultations will go over your case in detail, discuss relevant issues of your case, and outline your available legal options.
There are Seven Grounds for divorce in Texas:
- Living Separately
- Felony Conviction
- Confinement in a Mental Facility
Experienced & Compassionate Divorce Attorneys in Abilene, TX
We help you handle a variety of issues related to divorce and family law:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
- No-fault Divorce
- Air Force Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Deployment Divorce
- High Asset Divorce
- Late Life Divorce
- Mediated Divorce
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Marital Agreements
- Child Support
- Community Property
- Property Division
- Equitable distribution of marital assets
- Spousal Support
- Child guardianship
- Child Custody
- CPS Custody
- Joint Custody
- Temporary Custody
- Regaining Custody
- Winning Custody Back From Grandparents
- Parental Alienation Syndrome
- Grandparents Rights
- Father’s Rights
- Men’s Rights
- Domestic Partnership
- Legal Separation
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Felony Charges and Child Custody
- Family Mediation
Let us carry some of the burdens throughout this stressful time in your life. Give the experienced attorneys at Blizzard & Zimmerman a call today to schedule a no-obligation confidential case evaluation.
- We will evaluate your financial situation and advise you of the impact child support and alimony may have on your finances.
- We will explain property and debt division guidelines.
- We have the resources to investigate financial abnormalities that may signal your spouse has hidden assets or income.
- We regularly work to help our clients develop thorough child custody and visitation plans that work for families.
- We work to ensure that you are treated fairly and equitably.
- We will be with you from beginning to end.
Benefits to Hiring a Divorce Lawyer
At our initial consultation, you will speak directly with an attorney, not a staff member or law clerk to learn more about you and your case.
Consider a few of the important advantages you receive when you do hire an attorney:
- Legal Knowledge: Navigating the court system can be extremely difficult, especially when it’s filled with confusing legal jargon. An expert divorce lawyer from Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys will be capable of properly guiding you through each step in the process, so you will be fully aware of every aspect. We will break each aspect down in a way that will be easily understandable, so you can make an informed decision when debating how you’d like to proceed. Due to our years of experience, we have worked on many cases that will help us to provide you with numerous suggestions that you maybe weren’t even aware existed and will be beneficial for your case.
- Paperwork: Family law, specifically divorces, can include an avalanche of necessary documents and forms that must be properly filled out. There are timelines and deadlines. While it may be confusing knowing which paperwork is applicable to your situation, our legal team can help advise you of exactly which forms you need. Judges use these resources as a large factor in assessing your case and ruling in an outcome. That being said, just having simple errors can project a sense of carelessness on your end, which may not put you in the best light before the Court. Save yourself the hassle and contact a divorce lawyer at Blizzard & Zimmerman Attorneys to help ensure each piece of paperwork is correctly completed.
- Focus: Hiring a divorce lawyer will help you sift through the strong emotions you may be feeling throughout this process. We pride ourselves on guiding you to rational decision-making. Communication with your soon-to-be ex-spouse may not even seem possible at this point, which is why having a divorce lawyer involved is beneficial. We can act as a buffer between the two of you, to create the best outcome possible for you and your family. We will help to keep your case strong and will work diligently to resolve the difficult issues surrounding your situation.
We want you to receive the best legal advice possible, so you can quickly get back to a life of freedom and normalcy.
Let us carry some of the burdens throughout this stressful time in your life and give the experienced attorneys at Blizzard & Zimmerman a call today to schedule a no-obligation confidential case evaluation with our attorneys.
We are proud to serve clients across the Abilene area regarding divorce and family law matters, including contested divorce, uncontested divorce, collaborative divorce, child custody, grandparent custody and allocation of parental responsibilities, child support, visitation, and parenting time.
Check out these resources from the State Bar of Texas – Young Lawyers Association, including Divorce Guide for Children, Kids In The Crossfire: Helping Parents Understand the Impact of Divorce, and Divorce Guide for Teens.