Blizzard & Zimmerman handles State and Federal criminal appeals and post-conviction writs of habeas corpus, including:
- Direct Appeal to the Court of Appeals of Texas
- Petition for Discretionary Review to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- 11.07 Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Direct Appeals to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Petitions for Writ of Certiorari to the Supreme Court of the United States
- 2254 & 2255 Federal Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Actual Innocence Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Motion for Post-conviction DNA testing
- New Evidence Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
Blizzard & Zimmerman are criminal appeal lawyers. Unlike criminal defense lawyers who dabble in criminal appeals on an as needed basis, Blizzard & Zimmerman regularly research and prepare appellate briefs. Unlike hiring a criminal defense trial attorney, a quality criminal appeals attorney spends time researching the intricacies of the law, appellate procedure, and harm analysis on appeal. Clients who have been convicted of a criminal offense face an uphill battle attempting to overturn the conviction. It takes knowledge and experience like that of Blizzard & Zimmerman to prepare briefs that convince an appellate court to change to overturn these convictions. Clients who face this battle can have confidence in the skills and abilities of Mr. Blizzard and Mr. Zimmerman.
Mr. Blizzard is Board Certified in Criminal Law, the kind of lawyer with the experience and dedication to criminal defense and appeals that anyone facing a criminal conviction needs.
To discuss a state or federal felony criminal conviction with a criminal appeal lawyer contact Blizzard & Zimmerman.
Learn how the attorneys and staff at Blizzard & Zimmerman can work to for your freedom.
Find out how Jacob Blizzard and Matt Zimmerman can work to help you gain your freedom.